Homecoming: Improvements for Future Dances

The most iconic part of Homecoming week, aside from the huge football game, is the annual dance. But maybe there are ways to make that special night a touch more magical, now the dance is usually brilliantly executed and well thought out, this year though made plenty feel that the decorations were lacking than in previous dances. The disco ball, an icon of the commons and to each dance was tragically removed from it’s spot on the ceiling, and through that action- removed a huge important part to the dance, the disco ball was not completely removed, but was instead hung up by a ladder near the entrance of the “H hallway” next to the tiger bar, blocking any of the reflections from shining to anything aside from the crowed next to it. Perhaps in light of this opinion, the student council and our principals could return the disco ball to it’s former position, this is only the beginning to the disappointment that students felt about decorations, a number of students had given the same opinion about how Christmas lights should have been upgraded to something a tad more bright and flashy, lights deserving to be hung up for an energized event.

The music one the other hand was phenomenal and perfect for the celebratory atmosphere in the night air, rushing energy and adrenalin through the crowed with the best dance music that the decades had to offer, there is no need to change the flow from this music selection this year to the next. But if student council does deem it necessary to change the music let it be known that the only changes needed are for more fueled tracks. On a closing note, the last thing that should be discussed is the price to get into the dance, 5 dollars seems a bit too steep for a dance that if you step out for a breath of air, you are not allowed to enter, understandably some- if not most of the expenses were paid for with the money received for the dance. But if a student is to pay 5 dollars for admission to go into the dance, they should at least be able to enter and leave at least twice. And that was several ways we could improve Homecoming for next year.