November Kiwanis Student of the Month: Nicole Storck

The November student of the month is Nicole Storck. Nicole is the daughter of Jesse and Angie Storck and holds a GPA of 3.986. Her three favorite classes are Calculus, because she understands it and likes Mr. Schneider as a teacher, Spanish, because she knows that she can use those skills in the future, and P.E., because she enjoys hanging out with friends and playing games. Nicole is involved in FCA, NHS, Humanitarian Cord, GATE, Youth Group, Speech, Track, and Basketball. With a load of activities Storck says that she has learned leadership skills through theses and also how to help others. She regularly volunteers for the Knights of Columbus due to her dad’s involvement. She also regularly volunteers with youth basketball as a ref. Nicole is attending Benedictine College in Atchison, KS. She plans to major in exercise science and minor either phycology or business.  The advice she would give to younger students would be ” Don’t be afraid to fail or make mistakes because failure sometimes lead to success.” Storck says that being Kiwanis student of the month means a lot because it shows her hard work and dedication. She believes that she is being recognized for her active involvement in the community and school over her highschool career.

In recognition of her achievements the Kiwanis has donated $50 to the ADM scholarship foundation.