We Made It First Semester, Now What?

School has different meanings to everyone and everyone takes a different angle on things. Some people eat, breath, sleep school. Some people scrape the bottom and hope to make it by. For some people this is their last first semester; for others it could only mean the beginning. So what now?

Our first semester can impact our whole year and show us things about ourselves that we didn’t even know.

Junior Gabbi Moss learned that sometimes she got distracted and fell behind, and that instantly she’s already in a big hole. She wants to change her study habits and keep up on her work so that way it can relieve some stress and she can enjoy school more. She learned that if she puts forth some effort, she can come up with some good grades, so she’s going to keep that attitude running into her second semester.

Senior Jacob Kuhn learned that if he plans on continuing his education (which he does) that he’s going to have to pick himself up and work hard instead of scraping the bottom hoping to make it by. He learned that he likes working with his hands in shop class just as much as he loves working with his mind in academic classes. His interests have stayed the same and that is that he believes everything is interesting.

Who are you? What have you learned? What have you changed? Where do you sit? Do you float, or do you swim? Did you make it?  What now?