Wrestling Season Just Around The Corner

State qualifiers in 2016 and returning sophomores, Andrew Flora and Nolan Harsh.

Wrestling season is right around the corner. Practice starts November 14 with the first competition being Thursday, December 1, at Ballard High School.

The Tigers had a successful 2015-2016 season. Alex Reams, one of the ADM wrestling coaches, said, “The loss of the seniors last year has made a pretty big dent in our lineup,” but he is confident that the underclassmen coming back will step up.

“We also have a lot of returners that competed and did well last season at the varsity level that should be able to do the same thing this year and improve on what they accomplished individually last season,” Reams said.

As the season starts Reams said, “The thing I am looking forward to most this season is seeing all the new faces in the room and the improvements the returners made in the off-season.”

Last year six Tigers were able to wrestle at the State Tournament. “We would like to set the dual meet win record this season as well as get as many guys through to the state tournament as we did last season,” said Reams about their team goals for the season.

Two sophomores, Andrew Flora and Nolan Harsh, have high expectations for this season after qualifying for the 2016 State Tournament. Flora said, “Last year we screwed around in practice, so we’re gonna take it a little more serious this year.” Harsh agreed and said he wants to, “Have a better work ethic and don’t mess around because we only have so many other ‘next years’ so we’ll make the most of it.”

Reams is also looking forward to the State Tournament. “It’s the culmination of all the hard work these young athletes put in all spring, summer, and fall to prepare for the season and is displayed in a weekend,” Reams said. “They have to be at their peak at this time and that is when our guys are wrestling their best. It’s very exciting.”