A Fresh Start

A Fresh Start

For the last three years, rugby has made it’s way into the hearts of students here at ADM. Rugby is a sport focused around determination and hard work, and those skills are taught by Coach Woodin. More recently, Coach Woodin has decided to leave ADM and pursue a job elsewhere, although leaving somewhere is never easy.

Woodin said, “Yeah, it was really hard for me, especially when it feels like we are doing such great things here. As difficult as it was and is, I just felt like it was the right call for me personally, and a call that I had to make.”

Many students are curious about what will happen with the rugby team after Coach Woodin leaves.  

Woodin said, “I want them to be students of the game. I want them to have the resources to be able to play the game for the rest of their lives. As far as the underclassmen go, I feel like they will do a great job of stepping up, especially the sophomore class, and by the time they are seniors, they will be a really solid asset to the team.”

Coach Woodin has had a lot of difficulty leaving ADM, but he does have a plan in sight. Next year he will be playing rugby for the Omaha Goats and teaching at Omaha Westside High School as their Associate Director.